Sunday, July 19, 2009

Compassion,

So today was my first time in church since being at PKRC... kind of rough not being able to have transportation to go to church here... I have had a really hard time with that. But I went to TBC this morning, and can I just say- that it was JUST what I needed. I needed a HUGE slap in the face...
The lesson this morning was on Compassion, and it was about Jesus feeding the 5,000..
The few worship songs were incredible- it's amazing how God plans out the little things, to touch me in just the right way, and worship music is it...
Let me share some lyrics...
Mighty to Save- By Hillsong United
So take me as you find me
all my fears and failures,
fill my life again.
I give my life to follow
everything I believe in
NOW I SURRENDER.
Incredible. I mean yeah, I've always known how much I loved that song- but man when those lyrics came up on the projector, they just hit me hard, like a blow to the chest. And it really made me search myself. And realize how many things I have been doing wrong.
I mean, it's so easy for me to get caught up in all the praise I receive for doing the work I'm doing this summer. But that's not why I'm here. I'm not working with these kids in order to get a pat on the back from someone at the end of the day. I'm here, because I'm SERVING my GOD... and I'm serving Him by being there for these kids, and to love on them.
And I, in return, am a blessed person, simply because of the fact that God is allowing me to have the opportunity to work with these kids. I love them so much.
So I pray to my God, these lyrics word by word.
Lord,
Take me as you find me,
all my fears and failures, and please FILL my life again.
I give my life up, in order to follow you, the One that I believe in.
NOW, I surrender to you.
DEFINITION OF THE WEEK:
Compassion- A feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by: a strong desire to ALLEVIATE the suffering.
That's the exact mentality each and every one of us should wake up to each morning. Compassionate. Giving my wants, my needs up, in order to help someone else in whatever way i can, in order to make things a little easier for them to live their life. Have compassion.
Give your love of justice to the king, O God, and righteousness to the king's son.
Help him judge your people in the right way; let the poor be treated fairly.
May the mountains yeild prosperity for all, and may the hills be fruitful.
Help him to defend the poor, to rescuse the children of the needy, and to crush their opressors.
May they fear you as long as the sun shines,
as long as the moon remains in the sky.
Yes, forever!
Psalm 72: 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment