Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hands Down 2

Not to make a lame joke... but.

HANDS DOWN, this week was definitely one of my favorite ones this summer.
I had campers that were 11-17, so the oldest group so far, and they each were born with hand differences. Varying between, a lack of several fingers, no wrists, no hands at all, or little stubbies, so cute...

I LOVED being able to catcha break from little munchkins running all over the place, the older kids are so so awesome! Except the boys just loved playing pranks on all of the girls... I can't count how many times, my phone, ray bans, and clothes were stolen...

But it's okay, we got em back. Sunscreen in their toothpaste, red koolaid in their shampoo and in the shower heads... And all of their shoes thrown onto the roof of their cabins.. Haha...

Good times.

On a more serious note: The inspiration level was at a HIGH this week.
These guys are so beautiful... I know I say that about every week, but it's so true, each and everyone of them are fearfully and wonderfully made by God.

And they have made me extremely grateful to have both of my hands...
and even if I didn't, they taught me how to work without them... Alex has no hands at all, and that kid can throw a frisbee 10 times as far as I can... No joke.

Anyways... KJ and Zach constantly had me drooling (and crying) over their musical talent. Both were amazing guitarists, despite their hand differences. And incredible songwriters...

I'm going to post their lyrics up in a seperate blog for you to read.

:)

Keep praying for me everyone,
this is the last stretch of the summer...
3 more weeks...

Pray for Perserverance,
Strength,
an open and loving heart,
and pray for me to have patience and for me to learn to pick my battles.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment