Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dear Gramma Mar Mar,

Hey Grams!
I thought this would be a fun little change in things, to make you your own individual blog post. Of course, so I can keep up with your many letters that I get every week.
(I LOVE them, by the way)
The kids are precious this week. It's Camp Soaring Eagle. Kids with Neurological disorders. Several of them are epileptic (meaning they have seizures), as well as Cerebral Paulsy, Autism, Muscular Sclerosis, Spina Bifida, etc...
These kids are very different from the others because they need help with the very basic things in daily life, that many of the other kids didn't need help with. Like: getting dressed, or showering, and using the restroom. However, they have coundelors that come with them to take care of those things. They're cute though, we played on the inflatable slip and slide with them today. They LOVED it. I also got to take them on a little Nature walk. It was cool...
I miss you a lot. And I can't wait to come out and see you once school starts back up. I love the pictures you sent me! All of the boys are getting so big. Cute hair Evan and Zach... hahaha. Surfer boys..
AND to answer your "Gramma Questions"
  • Yes, of course we do crafty things with them! HELLO LADY, look who you're talking to... haha... Each week the kids get to paper mache their own "group" pinatas, after they dry they get to paint and stuff them with candy. So cute... I also just reorganized our craft cabinet. And labeled where everything goes. You'd be SO proud.

  • Yes there are tons of bugs out here... They bothered me a lot when I first got here. But now they don't like me. I use bugspray. We have mosquitoes, chiggers, and fire ants.

  • I get SO spoiled here for meals, we have a chef named Corey, and he cooks AMAZING full course meals for everyone... 3 times a day. Which is why I'm not losing weight like I usually do when I'm active. Haha.

  • I don't need anything really, we will go on walmart runs on the weekend if we need stuff, otherwise.. our boss keeps a good eye on us, and makes sure we have everything we need.

ALSO: I think I forgot to mention to you, that I'm shooting a wedding this weekend! My very first wedding. I'm extremely nervous, but I think I've done all the researching and studying I can do, I just have to go out and do it now. It's the wedding of the couple who I took engagement pictures of in the fall. It should be fun.

But anyways, I'm late for dinner... as usual. Pajama movie party tonight with the kiddos.

I LOVE YOU, "Grand-Ma-Ma"

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment