Saturday, July 25, 2009

God's Gift to Me.

So before I post the lyrics to Zach's song, I want you to know a little background info first.

Zach is 16, he is strong, so sweet, and extremely talented. A talented person over all, he is an amazing baseball player, leader, and musician... And he has a hand deformity. During the talent show this week, he sang a song that he wrote himself, and had everyone in crying in their seats. I hope it effects you like it did me...

God’s Gift To Me
- Zach Whetstone

Welcome to the first day of your life,
You see that man smile at his wife
The doctor looks and says to the man, you know he won’t have a hand?

If that’s a problem for you
You’re gunna have to see me,
There’s nothin’ he can’t do
It’s the way God meant him to be.

He’ll learn to tie his shoes before he’s in Pre- K
And play every sport before the first grade.
He’ll be the first to take his hat off inside,
And when the flag is raised, the first to stand in pride.
Look in my eyes and tell me you can’t see,
It ain’t no handicap,
this is God’s gift to me.


I’m so happy I made the team,
But it’s not fair, or so it seems.
The season’s passing; it’s been a month,
And I ain’t played really all that much.
Dad turns to me and offers help,
No thanks I said, I’ll handle this myself.
Coach told me son, it’s not your fault,
It’s just cause of your hand.

If that’s a problem for you, you’re gunna have to see me.
But I’m warning you coach, the next time our paths meet,
I’m gunna put one over your centerfielder’s head
And you’re gunna wish you never got out of bed.
Oh God I can’t wait to see your face when I go out and throw 14 K’s.
You had your chance, It’s too bad you couldn’t see,
This ain’t no handicap,
This is God’s gift to me.

There’s a lot of people like me, who just need to believe,
They ain’t handicapped.
No, they ain’t handicapped.
Just look in a mirror and they can see,
This is God’s gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment